nanog mailing list archives

Re: links on the blink (fwd)

From: Curtis Villamizar <curtis () ans net>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 1995 01:01:28 -0500

In message <199511082323.RAA20836 () gaijin mid net>, Alan Hannan writes:

  The update I just got on the MAE-E /"Sprint" problem seems rather
  timely to the discussion.

  "
  We have hit the point where BGP processing on SprintLink
  routers can no longer survive moderate fall-overs.
  There is no fix for this, except:
        a/ people MUST withdraw as many prefixes as possible
        b/ the background route-flap MUST be reduced

You could also take routing from the RA route servers.  This would
solve your problem.  I think this was mentioned at the last NANOG
meeting so it is not a new solution either.

Curtis