nanog mailing list archives

Re: May COOK Report Published tonight (fwd)

From: Peter Lothberg <roll () Stupi SE>
Date: Tue, 9 May 95 14:50:21 MET DST

I hope this is a road they never try to go down.

Joseph Stroup

On Sun, 30 Apr 1995, Michael Dillon wrote:

I wonder how many of you have heard about the CIX plans to become THE
Internet routing arbiter and in other ways replace the former NSFNet?
Is there any serious possibility of their plans coming to fruition?

The Internet needs *much* better tools than what the NSF RA project
offers today (eg the relabeled work done by Ripe) and what they have
made public about future plans.

(Next days delivery in a millisecond world is not very usefull.)

Either the Internet at large develops real tools for a "offline
registry" or we have to move this into the exterior routing protocols.

-Peter