nanog mailing list archives

Re: more nets in _690$

From: reb () aads net (R. Eric Bennett)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 19:39:02 -0500

At 7:22 PM 3/7/95, Serpil Bayraktar wrote:
Andrew,

AS 690 meant only 140.222 in rcp_routed days and gated was kludged
to continue to do that.  The new networks that come from AS 690
are actually directly attached DMZs and gated treats them as
part of AS 690.  As the routing on ANSNet changes, there are no
ASes we can associtae with these DMZs so we let gated do the
right thing, announce local networks with its own AS.  But why
is this a problem as long as our neighbors receive 140.222 and
default to that?

you go girl...

remember what i said about moving down the road...

eric

----
R. Eric Bennett <reb () aads net>       |   339 E. Liberty, Suite 310
Internet Engineering                 |   Ann Arbor, MI 48014
Ameritech Advanced Data Services     |   (313) 913-0802
"We're from the phone company, we're here to help."