nanog mailing list archives

Call for Mbone reflectors

From: bmanning () ISI EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 05:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

We have the mbone slot reserved for ISN. I will post this note to teachers
today and begin doing what I can to get them involved. What needs to be
done to push providers to get reflectors set up?

Thanks,
=-=-=-=-NOTE TO POST TO ED LISTS-=-=-=-=
To all Educators able to use CU-SeeMe this summer!

The Internet School Networking (ISN) group of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF) will be broadcasting its thrice-yearly meeting over the
mbone on Monday, July 17. The meeting will be held in Stockholm, Sweden,
from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. local time.

If you would like to participate, please notify me as soon as possible!

Thanks,
Jennifer Sellers
ISN Co-chair

       ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
       sellers () quest arc nasa gov    NASA's K-12 Internet Initiative
       gopher quest.arc.nasa.gov     Sterling Software
       http://quest.arc.nasa.gov     700 13th Street, NW
       phone: 202-434-8954           Suite 950
       fax:   202-434-4599           Washington, DC  20005
       ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

=-=-=-=-END OF NOTE TO ED LISTS-=-=-=-=

Hi all,

        If we are actually going to have real teachers participate in
        the ISN - WG remotely, there should be an identified reflector
        net setup, since most of the target audience has access to
        CUSeeMe and not traditional mbone tools. (Odd, traditional &
        mbone linked together.. :)

        It should be possible to identify where on the Mbone topology
        current reflectors sit, and then we will have a better idea
        where new reflectors need to be.   What I really want to avoid
        is a reflector hosted at the IETF site and all that CUSeeMe
        traffic converging on that machine.. :)

        Any clues/assistance etc. would be helpful.
--
--bill