nanog mailing list archives

Re: Draft NETSTAT Minutes for 7 Dec. 1995

From: salo () msc edu (Tim Salo)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 11:08:31 -0600

Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 00:37:54 -0500
From: Sean Doran <smd () sprint net>
To: hastings () psc edu, smd () sprint net
Subject: Re: Draft NETSTAT Minutes for 7 Dec. 1995
Cc: nanog () merit edu

Below is another bit of postscript I have thrown together.

It's a map of a backbone that Peter L. and I have been
telling people is a good idea for ICMnet, especially in
light of the possible disconnection of Asia-Pacific,
European, Latin American, African,  and Carribbean
R&E networks from each other as a result of the
NSFNET transition.  In such a situation, ICMnet could
potentially act as glue between the various R&E networks
around the world.
      [...]

Is this the GIX-like proposal which suggests a layer-two bridge between
the East and West Coasts?

(Who should pay to connect, for example, Asia-Pacific and Europe?
Asia, Pacific and Europe? NSF? Donation by Sprint?)

-tjs