nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet software development acceleration

From: "Walter O. Haas" <haas () xmission com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 1995 17:42:46 -0700

.. if the Internet, of multivendor routers, is viewed as a single global
entity requiring a uniform enhancement, what would that be?

My two cents worth: integrated (ie. end-to-end) managment capability.

What is the barrier to resolving this problem?

Lack of enough open standards in the right places; too many proprietary
approaches.

I am dealing with an internet web enablement company here in CA that
provides superior Internet language sets, tools, and technologies....
Any thoughts?

I think we would all be better off if the energy was focused on development
of appropriate open standards in this area.

-- Walt