nanog mailing list archives

Re: ATM thruput

From: Pushpendra Mohta <pushp () CERF NET>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 17:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

Kent W. England writes:

At 7:49 AM 8/2/95, bmanning () ISI EDU wrote:

Kent, the term "full bandwidth" should be clarified a bit.  Are we talking
the 34Mbps limit for a DS3 connection or the 146Mbps for an OC3?

--bill

I should have mentioned DS-3. OC-3 tests aren't done.

--Kent

Ahem. Moving onto the other side of the spectrum, when is Pacbell
going to be able to offer T1 access to the NAP as called for in the
original solicitation ?

Given the multiplicity of other working access points, if all I wanted
was T1 access to the Pacific Bell NAP, what are my options ?

Thanks

--pushpendra

Pushpendra Mohta              pushp () cerf net        +1 619 455 3908
Director, CERFnet             http://www.cerf.net   +1 800 876 2373