nanog mailing list archives

Re: Has PSI been assigned network 1?

From: Susan Hares <skh () merit edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 15:46:20 -0400

Vadim:

I'm not speaking for Bill Manning (I could never manage
that at all ;-)).. but 90% of configuration changes in
the PRDB are network based.  Less are AS pathway based.

Each of these could generate a new configuration file, and
have it reloaded, but **not** drop the bgp sessions.

As you said -- incremental updates for bgp, but the
config files are different.

Were you worried about the bgp restart or the implementation
of the configuration file?

Both have thoughts and solutions... from the RA team - MERIT
and ISI. Your earlier comments on the requirements for the
RADB have been most helpful.  Any further insight would
be very helpful.  It's nice to know what
user's desire of the RS.

Boy... I'd like to have Sprint as a satisfied customer.

Sue Hares