nanog mailing list archives

February Meeting

From: Elise Gerich <epg>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 01:27:52 -0500

At the last NANOG meeting in Ann Arbor, we decided to have a winter
meeting in Boulder, CO.  NCAR kindly offered to host the meeting
and plans were finalized to have the meeting on Thursday and Friday,
February 9 and 10, 1995.

ISOC has proposed to host a Operations Conference in February (21-22)
in San Diego, CA.  The Description and Objectives of the
conference are:

The Internet operations environment
is undergoing major transitions in architecture,
scale, and players worldwide.  These transitions
are producing many new needs, issues and complex
multiple forums with overlapping boundaries.  This
conference is convened as a means to bring together
all the parties and bodies of interest to:

1) identify and discuss the emerging needs, issues
and forums through a set of panel sessions and
contributions; and

2) take steps toward a set of "multilateral"
principles and arrangements among the participants
to provide for continued collaboration among all
the affected parties for a ubiquitous global Internet.

ISOC has offered to provide meeting rooms for the winter
NANOG meeting if we would like to hold the NANOG meeting
on the Monday preceeding the Conference.

Does the membership of NANOG wish to reschedule our
meeting to coincide with ISOC Conference or shall
we proceed with the previous plan to hold the meeting
on February 9 and 10?
               --Elise