nanog mailing list archives

[no subject]

From: "Martin Lee Schoffstall" <schoff () us psi com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 13:11:59 -0400

continuing my bridge analogy

you are now providing glider service from the river bank to the bridge

not very useful for that Teamster driven truck

If NSF were to waive the NSFNET Backbone Service AUP **for the sole
purpose of assisting providers in effective CIDRization/aggregation to
avoid Internet collapse**, would that be of any help?

I have alerted the NSF Counsel to this possibility, and they are of
course concerned that everyone will cancel their current commercial
contracts, switch their traffic to NSFNET, and hurl all the private
providers into bankruptcy.

I should welcome your comments; if you support the idea (the waiver, not
hurtling into ruin), I may also enlist your help convincing Counsel and
the IG.

-s