Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: framework Digest, Vol 83, Issue 1

From: "Mike Jones!" <property.of.mike.jones () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 16:51:11 -0800

Thanks for the reply, Spencer.  Your explanation makes sense.  I found what
is probably another issue with my setup:  Meterpreter is sending a Windows
executable across in the stage.

After setting PROXYHOST and PROXYPORT, msfconsole would see the connection
and begin sending the stage but then hang.  I started sniffing on the proxy
to see what was going on and noticed an MZ stub and PE header go by.  I'm
guessing that won't work with all the systems involved running Debian.  I
looked for an ELF header but didn't see one.

Is there any way to get metasploit to serve up an ELF in the stage while
still using python/meterpreter/reverse_http?  Sorry if this is a completely
stupid question -- I am pretty inexperienced with metasploit as you can
tell.