Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: How-to update host information

From: "HD Moore" <x () hdm io>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 19:43:58 -0500

Hi Jon,

You can edit a host via psql or just the irb console in Metasploit. For example, just do: msf> irb

From this prompt, you can do:

irb> host = Mdm::Host.where(address: '1.1.1.1'); host.hostname = 'BugServer'; host.save!

Keep in mind we normally split up things by workspace, so if you have multiple projects/workspaces:

irb> host = framework.workspace.hosts.where(address: '1.1.1.1')

Hope this helps,

-HD