Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: meterpreter on android

From: "Joshua J. Drake" <jdrake () metasploit com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:44:39 -0600

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 07:49:29AM -0600, egypt () metasploit com wrote:
No, it is slow because it loads half a million lines of code from disk.

Try this -- https://github.com/jduck/metasploit-framework/tree/autoload

I made extensive changes to Metasploits module loader and libraries to
prevent unnecessary loading. It makes a huge difference!

At one point I committed these to trunk. Unfortunately, it was found
not compatible with the commercial versions and
backed out.

If you're just using the framework by itself, you can get a huge
improvement:

==
dq:0:~/msf-git$ time ./msfex exploit/windows/fileformat/adobe_libtiff
[*] Initializing a Framework instance...
[*] Initializing modules ...
[*] Starting the console...
[-] ***
[-] * WARNING: Database support has been disabled
[-] ***
PAYLOAD => windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
NOP => x86/single_byte
ENCODER => x86/shikata_ga_nai
[*] Creating 'msf.pdf' file...
[+] msf.pdf stored at /home/jdrake/.msf4/local/msf.pdf

real    0m0.937s
user    0m0.848s
sys     0m0.088s
dq:0:~/msf-git$