Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Sample Contracts for Pen Testing

From: Daniel Clemens <daniel.clemens () packetninjas net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 22:52:50 -0400

The key is "indemnification" for anything that breaks and a clause protecting you from being prosecuted for computer
misuse. Explain this to your lawyer and then have them write thing up for you.

If you don't have a lawyer or LLC or legal entity you also open yourself up to the possibility of personal liability
even if you have a "get out of jail free card".

Lastly, you should also consider having errors and emissions insurance and professional liability insurance.

Don't get bogged down in the exact details of what your doing, get your lawyer to help you write up things for your
legal paperwork, then create your statement of work for the client.

Daniel Clemens
Packetninjas L.L.C
c. 205.567.6850
o. 866.267.8851 x202