Metasploit mailing list archives

Nmap 6.0 Released!

From: "HD Moore" <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 18:12:29 -0500

The fine folks at Insecure.org have just released the first major version of
Nmap in over three years. This release brings the new NSE scripting engine,
better web application scanning, full IPv6 scanning support, a standalone
'nping' tool, a shiny new Zenmap interface, and much faster scans in
general.

The Metasploit team uses Nmap heavily, ships Nmap with our installers (we
should have 6.0 in an upcoming Software Update from the web interface), and
we are working on a plan for tighter integration between NSE scripts and the
Metasploit Framework core. The latest version is pretty close to the SVN
snapshot we ship today, but has some major bug fixes for non-standard
network interfaces and a lot more NSE scripts.

Viva Nmap!

http://nmap.org/6/

-HD