Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: asm to hex, with a random string

From: David3 Gonnella <netevil () hackers it>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:42:27 +0200

Sorry for my typo error, the last sentence
"you can do that on the assembly" should be replaced with
"you CAN'T do that on the assembly" :)....thanks

On 04/27/12 12:32, David3 Gonnella wrote:
After some study i realized that if you want clever assembly you
have to rely on C, just because more complex operations in the end
are associations of hexes that vary on architectures

You can just compile and link you program on two different architecture,
get the hexes from the final bin and you have the logic you wrote as i
would when i was asking.

Well, that question was not clear also to me, just because was done like
when  you are thinking about something ..you still do not know well.

Yes change a string is not difficult having all architecture factors in
mind but if you want that the string gets the current name of day of the
week, for example, you can do that on the assembly
..at least for humans ..AFAIK...

David3