Metasploit mailing list archives

Getting Oracle to work

From: jsibley1 () gmail com
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 16:36:12 +0900

For the last 2 days I have been beating my head against the wall trying to
get Oracle Mixin to work. The directions can be found here:
https://community.rapid7.com/docs/DOC-1031

MOst of the time I get the error "Failed to load OCI library: no such files
to load -- oci8lib_191" The furthest I have gotten was to get it loaded but
for it to tell me some library file did not exist in a certain directory
even though it WAS in there and LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointed to it.

The version of Ruby I am running is 1.9.2... but I was told to try this
with Ruby 1.8.7. Still, I get nothing to work.

I have searched all over the internet for solutions and I can't find much
besides some Chinese websites. Their solutions don't work for me either.

What can I do?

For those needing to know, I am using Backtrack 5 R2.

Thank you and best regards,
James