Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: mssql_enum bug

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 22:10:44 -0600

On 1/24/2012 12:21 PM, Robin Wood wrote:
I just tried to connect to this with the MS SQL Enterprise Manager
2008 and that tells me that it can only connect to servers with
version 2000 or above, looking at a process list on the machine SQL
Server is running from c:\MSSQL7 so I'd guess it is version 7. I
wonder if you can catch that it is this early version and do a nice
fail rather than just catch the exception and say couldn't connect.

Our hand-coded MSSQL driver likely can't cope with MSSQL 7 - a Redmine
ticket would rock, along with a PCAP if you can.

-HD