Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: http_ntlm module output file format

From: Tod Beardsley <todb () metasploit com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:56:26 -0600

On 01/24/2012 02:49 PM, Robin Wood wrote:
I'm playing with NBNS spoofing from this post on Packetstan

http://www.packetstan.com/2011/03/nbns-spoofing-on-your-way-to-world.html

and was wondering if there was any reason that the http_ntlm module
module doesn't generate some of the files in the correct format? It
would be a quick fix to get the files into the correct format.

From the blog post:

The SMB capture module will output a John the Ripper compatible file.
However, the http_ntlm module doesn't give us a the file format we want
(I'm working on a fix), so we'll have to change the file to look like this:
<user>:::<LMHASH>:<NTLMHASH>:<CHALLENGE> (wrapped for space, the
actually file won't be wrapped):

---

sounds like he's going to fix it. You're welcome to beat him to it,
Robin -- we accept pull requests with reasonable frequency. :)

-todb