Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Beginner

From: Jonathan Cran <jcran () metasploit com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:28:17 -0500

I am totally new to Metasploit, and tried to install Metasplit Framework
Full 4.0.0 to my Windows 7 x64.****

But I got an error:****

error running C:\Program Files\Rapid7\framework/postgre­sql/bin/psql.exe-U
postgres -p 7175 -h localhost -c "ALTER USER" postgres PASSWORD `4e313e60` "
:psql: could not connect to server:Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)**
**

Is server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on
port 7175?

Mirela - Sorry you're having trouble. We see this error occasionally during
setup on non-english systems. It's a race condition that i've not been able
to track down. Often, a second install will allow it to complete the install
properly. Please try this, and if you continue to have trouble, i'll work
with you directly to troubleshoot it.

Thanks!

jcran

--