Metasploit mailing list archives

SNMP or TCP

From: anthr6x <anthr6x () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 13:54:34 +0000

Hi all,

I am trying to scan the network for devices with a specific vendor (looking
at the MAC). Once a specific device is found, I want to connect to it on
port 80 to make sure it works. I was using Msf::Exploit::Remote::SNMPClient
to scan the network. When I try to connect to a client using
Msf::Exploit::Remote::Tcp, it still uses the port 161. I tried using
"connect(false, { 'PeerPort' => 80} )" as I've been advised in the chat
room, but still i'm getting the exception "the connection was refused by
the remote host (192.168.15.125:161)".

When I use Msf::Exploit::Remote::Tcp for scanning, it works as I want but
takes a long time to scan through the subnet.

how can I overcome this issue?

--
änthräX
http://blog.en.hacker.lk/