Metasploit mailing list archives

Feature Request

From: Chip <jeffschips () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 14:10:22 -0500

Maybe Metasploit has this feature but I can't find it. I think it would be useful to have a setting whereby the listening server can set a response based on requesting IP address/range.

Many times when pentesting company users access the network from their company desktop machine which is all fine and good, but they also access resources from Ipads, Iphones, Androids and other OS's.

Since many of Metasploit exploits are OS specific (and therefore many times, but not always) originating from a different IP range, it would be great to be able to redirect based on IP address hitting the server. I know this kind of thing can be done use an apache .htaccess file but sometime we are not dealing with a web-based exploit.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there and see what sticks.

Thanks for listening!