Metasploit mailing list archives

Lab and BT Behind Separate Firewalls

From: Noso <metasploit () nosolutions com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 09:58:19 -0400

Hi all,

I'm curious as to if there is an easier way to do this than what I've been
doing. I'm running BT behind NAT on Firewall A w/ dhcp. The lab is behind
a separate firewall, Firewall B, also running NAT, with ports forwarded to
the machine from the firewall. Anytime I wish to run an exploit, I have to
confirm that Firewall A has the correct ports pointing back to the BT
machine I am using so I can use a meterpreter reverse connection. This can
be quite annoying when there are numerous BT machines running and we
constantly have to change the port forwarding, or when two pentests are
occuring at once from different machines.

Is there a better way to set this up that doesn't involve putting the BT
machines in a DMZ?

Thanks,
Noso.