Metasploit mailing list archives

sessions enquire

From: Alexandros Christias <ac94 () st-andrews ac uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:09:22 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a postgraduate student at the University of St Andrews doing an M.Sc in
IT.  I am carrying out a pen test for my dissertation in which I am trying
to exploit NIDS vulnerabilities. I have installed Metasploit on a Windows
machine and Snort on another. My main problem is that I cannot find how to
create a session. I am trying to use exploits that need a session and when I
type "sessions -l" the output states that there isn't any active session. If
I try to launch the exploit without setting a session the exploit will
abort.

Do I have to create the session myself or there is a way in which the
sessions are generated?

Yours faithfully,
Alexandros Christias