Metasploit mailing list archives

Why metasploit PRO?

From: Yonny Mutai <yonnym () googlemail com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:54:39 +0300

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:52:11 -0500
From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
To: framework () spool metasploit com
Subject: Re: [framework] Why metasploit PRO?

On 7/21/2011 10:20 PM, Richard Miles wrote:
Yhanks Graig,

Sounds nice. Do you have experience with the PRO version? Does it run
fine in any linux? Or just ubuntu and RH?

By the way, do you know how works the trial? Any license /
registration online is required?

During the setup phase it will ask you to register for a product key,
either by buying it or signing up for a trial. The trial key is
typically good for 7 days.

We dog-food our own products; I use Pro constantly for internal security
assessments and penetration tests. The focus is less on what exploits
are available and more on actually conducting a penetration testing,
including those avenues of attack that don't need exploits (weak
configurations, weak passwords, replayed passwords, gullible users, etc).

-HD

Correct me if I'm wrong ,but from the rapid7 site there's actually no link
to the pro evaluation version, the link provided points to the Metasploit
Express eval.Essentially both the pro and express download links point to
the same binary installer.Is this a mistake or am I missing something.

./Yoni