Metasploit mailing list archives

metasploit timing

From: Joshua Smith <lazydj98 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:30:37 -0400

Is there an existing way to make the framework execute a specific
task/module/exploit etc at a specific time?  I know I can use a cron job to
run a resource file, but obviously that causes a variable amount of time
delay before the action actually takes place (cron_time + framework startup
+ module execution etc).  Is there a way to atleast cut out the framework
startup time by using some sort of 'at' 'cron'  or 'exploit -j -sked <time>'
command or something once the framework is up?  I'm smelling a project for
myself if not.  My use case is in a test environ where you want certain
attacks or scans etc to occur at semi-predictable times.  I realize there
are other tools for this, but I don't like changing prompts ;)

--
- Josh