Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: HTTP Tunneling + Java Applet Proxy Auth

From: Ty Miller <tyronmiller () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 19:54:00 +1000

Hey HD,

I was using the native Win32 meterpreter + reverse_https ... I ran the
following:

use exploit/multi/browser/java_signed_applet
set payload windows/meterpreter/reverse_http

The exploit target says "Windows x86 (Native Payload)"

I was surprised to see the java authentication prompt since I thought that
the payload uses IE to send requests to the proxy, rather than Java.

Thx,
Ty