Metasploit mailing list archives

Problem with MSF + nmap + exploit

From: haZard0us <hazard0us.pt () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 19:25:20 +0100

Hi everybody,

I know that maybe this list isn't the appropriate one to ask this but, as i am working with MSF, i'm trying to get the answer here.

I have a private lab with two machines - BT5R1 and WinXP SP2 En - connected to eachother in a private network. No firewalls, no AV's, nothing that i could think of to disrupt connection.

Doing a simple scan to the XP machine using nmap "192.168.1.10" i can get all the needed results. But, after doing the scan, i can't run the exploit, connect or even ping the machine. Since there's no IPS, IDS, AV, Firewall or some other tool for protection... what can i do to stop this?

Regards