Metasploit mailing list archives

no active driver available

From: Giorgio Casali <giorgio.casali () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 01:25:07 +0200

Hello everyone, I have a fresh BT5 install and just svn updated the
metasploit framework, however even after installing the mysql and pg gems I
still receive the:
same error message:

msf > db_driver
[*] No Active Driver
[*]        Available:

[*]     DB Support: Enable the mysql driver with the following command:
[*]                 $ gem install mysql
[*]     This gem requires mysqlclient headers, which can be installed on
Ubuntu with:
[*]                 $ sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev

[*]     DB Support: Enable the postgresql driver with the following command:
[*]                   * This requires libpq-dev and a build environment
[*]                 $ gem install postgres
[*]                 $ gem install pg # is an alternative that may work

Thanks.
Regards,
G.