Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: does metasploit come with an icon?

From: Jonathan Cran <jcran () metasploit com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 23:00:55 -0500

On 04/04/2011 10:42 PM, Martin Schneider wrote:
I must admit that i am extremely new to metasploit. I have been
reading like crazy getting myself familiar with this really great
security application. However, i have ran into a few problems and i
was hoping that maybe someone on this mailing list could please assist
me. I was wondering if anyone could possibly provide me with a link on
how i could maybe set up metasploit 3.6.0 for fedora linux with an
icon and even better if i could add it to my kde start menu. I have
searched google like crazy looking for some kind of article on how i
could add metasploit to my kde start menu however i have found
nothing! I know this is a lame question but if someone could please
help me out or maybe provide me a link or put me in the right
direction i would so much appreciate it.

Assuming you're using the installer, and msfconsole is in your path:

Gnome:
1) Right click
2) Create Launcher
3) Enter Details: