Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Building by ourself the web interface

From: Jonathan Cran <jcran () metasploit com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:10:59 -0500

On 04/28/2011 11:27 PM, Truong Duc Luong wrote:
Hi all,

We're going to build a web interface based on the framework core.
Because, we need localize the interface and add some functions. Can
anyone suggest me the guide, documentation to do that?

I appreciate any kind of help.

Haha, documentation!? :p

Take a look at the xmlrpc interface:

Code:
http://dev.metasploit.com/redmine/projects/framework/repository/show/lib/msf/core/rpc
Docs: http://dev.metasploit.com/redmine/projects/framework/wiki/XMLRPC
(out of date)

The commercial products are built on top of it, see the bad ascii graph
below. Your web interface can directly interface with the database, or
you can use rpc (and the db.* calls) to pull data out, call functions to
do stuff. You may want to look at armitage or msfgui for (java) examples
of how to call functions.

[rails / activerecord ] -> [ database ] <-- [framework]
                            ->      [ xmlrpc ]        <-

Hope it helps.

jcran