Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: PassiveX is dead?

From: Sherif El-Deeb <archeldeeb () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:04:05 +0300

If the proxy uses NTLM authentication and you have no valid
credentials, I found no reliable way to get a meterpreter connection
through that configuration, period. "as always, if I'm that sure then
I'm most probably wrong...".

If the proxy uses IP address based filters "i.e 10.10.10.5 is allowed
but 10.10.10.6 is not" and does not apply protocol inspection then it
is way easier to bypass the proxy by using the HTTP CONNECT method
"works flawlessly if combined with proxytunnel and some dos-fu".

I had that issue in a test before and I had very difficult time going
through that "ISA with NTLM auth.", and ended up getting the shell
using a modified dnscat "added self-copy-on-execution-and-autostart
methods".

take a look at ratte "part of SET", it's buggy, it's unstable but
works sometimes if it's only a PoC that you are after.

and while we're on the topic, take a look here -->
"http://grey-corner.blogspot.com/2010/06/bypassing-restrictive-proxies-part-1.html";

Till metasploit finds a way to go properly through proxies in the
mentioned configurations, you might want to find another way to have
your shell connected back to you...

Sherif Eldeeb.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Richard Miles