Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: scanning for JAVA versions (Peter Fellini)

From: "Scott McClellan" <Scott.McClellan () tn gov>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 14:47:00 -0500

Hmm...I think the scanners nessus or retina/blink can tell you java versions; not sure, though.

Alternatively (and it would be noisy), you could try scripting out some of the java exploits using msfcli, run them
against your target, and see if you get a shell.  That would definitely tell you java version.

Peter Fellini <p_fellini () hotmail com> 5/25/2011 2:37 PM >>>
I'm looking to scan machines and inquire what version of Java and if it was Java 6 pre update 24 have it as a candidate
for exploiting.

Thanks