Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Metasploit 3.6.0

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:24:51 -0600

On 3/10/2011 8:00 PM, George Georgalis wrote:
On Thu 10 Mar 2011 at 07:48:29 PM -0600, Jonathan Cran wrote:

back to the future! :p. thanks for the report. -- fixed in r11930.

also note you can always grab the release revision from the pro notes:
https://www.metasploit.com/redmine/projects/pro/wiki

Thanks. Now that I have trunk, maybe I should just stick with it?
Is trunk reasonably stable?
Or would I be better off with a release while I'm learning msf?

Your best bet is to use the weekly snapshots that go through full QA
before being pushed to the commercial update feed. You can find the
individual SVN revisions numbers for each "blessed" update at:

https://www.metasploit.com/redmine/projects/pro/wiki/Updates

This is the exact revision that we ship in the weekly update to our
commercial users. This may not be the "latest" code, but its the best
tested at a given point in time, especially if you follow trunk today.

Keep in mind that all commercial customers (Express or Pro) also get the
benefit of Rapid7 support for most use cases of the open source
framework. Myself and the other members of the development team handle
tier-1 support calls and would be more than happy to help in this context.

-HD