Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: nessus scanning through a metasploit tunnel

From: Zate Berg <zate75 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:11:27 -0400

Not something that I think can be done effectively right now.  Pro
might open up some options to allow this but I haven't experimented
enough.

Zate

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Robin Wood <robin () digininja org> wrote:
I've been playing with running Nessus scans through Metasploit and got
it working fine but I then tried to run it through a route set up
through a Meterpreter tunnel but it didn't work. I assume that this is
because all Metasploit is doing is just accessing Nessus through its
API and it isn't actually integrating with Nessus. Is there any way
now we have the Nessus integration to get it to scan through the a
Meterpreter tunnel?

I know that it can be done through an SSH tunnel being installed on
the target machine but it would be nice to be able to run it directly
through Metasploit routing.

Robin