Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: OpenVAS bridge for Metasploit

From: Zate Berg <zate75 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:48:50 -0500

Looks awesome, giving this a try right now.

nice work!

Zate

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr> wrote:
Hello!

I hope you had nice fun with Nessus bridge, but here's the OpenVAS bridge.
It is one of the PoC codes for my upcoming talk tomorrow at BerlinSides:
http://www.berlinsides.org/node/14

How to use it?  Typical usage would be:
db_create
load openvas
openvas_connect user pass localhost 9390 ok
openvas_help

Note that it uses OMP protocol. Therefore, you should specify OpenVAS manager
port to connect to. It does not support (deprecated) OTP protocol (connecting
directly to scanner daemon - openvassd).

As it is first public release, could be there is some bugs - let me know!

Also, let me know if there's any issues with having it in Metasploit.
--
Vlatko Kosturjak - KoSt                                  ICQ: 3631122