Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: multicommand and rc file issues

From: "Joshua J. Drake" <jdrake () metasploit com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:17:05 -0600

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:31:07AM -0800, Miguel Rios wrote:
Hi,
Just tried to use multicommand to have it execute a file on the XP target.
When I do it through the command line (ie meterpreter > run multicommand -cl "cmd.exe /c start %TEMP%/calc.exe") it
executes without a hitch.
When I try the same using a resource file I get this error:

meterpreter > run multicommand -rc /etc/meta/execute.rc
[-] Error in script: NoMethodError undefined method `<<' for nil:NilClass

In my execute.rc file I have just one line and nothing else:
"cmd.exe /c start %TEMP%/calc.exe"??? (I have tried with and without the quotes and I always get the NilClass error)

Am I doing something silly? It makes no sense that it works in the command line but not with the rc file. Obviously
I'm screwing up the syntax or something.

Any help?

Should be fixed in r11335 (untested)

--
Joshua J. Drake