Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: msf server behind nat

From: Matt Gardenghi <mtgarden () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:50:40 -0500

/note could be viewed as blog spam as I wrote this piece....

http://www.skullsecurity.org/blog/2009/bypassing-av-over-the-internet-with-metasploit

Matt

On 12/14/2010 9:30 AM, Tod Beardsley wrote:
Hi Balint --

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Varga-Perke Balint<vpbalint () gmail com>  wrote:
Did I miss some option or should I always run these type of exploits with direct
network connection?
For individual exploits, you can configure LHOST and LPORT, which
generally solves the NAT problem. I've been kicking around getting
MSF3 UPnP-aware, though -- with something like that, you could just
let the framework configure your NAT device for you through UPnP
requests (assuming your router supports it), and it would be dealt
with automatically. This is the strategy used by some BitTorrent
clients.