Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: dir_scanner module

From: "Hendrik Bäcker" <andurin () process-zero de>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:00:00 +0200

Hi,

Don't know if it might be interesting for the dir_scanner but the thing Alfonso said is, in some cases, more
interesting when inspecting the response header against private IP addresses like 10.*, 192.168.* and so on.
Misconfigured Bea Webservers leak those fragments like some actual IIS (there was an BID against IIS 4 but nowadays it
might be less a bug and more a misconfiguration.

If someone says it's interesting enough I would try to send a patch.

Any comments?

-
Hendrik