Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: grsecurity

From: Subhasis Das <subhasis.das73 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:44:43 +0530

Hi all,

I need your help..my metasploit not updating and show the following message:

svn:Can't open file
'external/source/vncdll/output/.svn/text-base/vncdll.dll.svn-base' :
No such file or directory

Please help

Subhasis

On 11/3/10, Philip Sanderson <philip.k.sanderson () gmail com> wrote:
you need to go in prepared :-)

ask them what os distribution / kernel options / etc before hand. If they
are enabling all options, you're probably best of sticking to web
vulnerabilities if you don't know much about linux ;-)

depending on kernel options used, you /may/ be able to use standard kernel
exploits. if uderef or kernexec is not used.

do you have your course materials you can upload somewhere? i suspect they
will give you hints on knowing what you need to know/do :-)