Metasploit mailing list archives

CARAT Metasploit Plugin - Developers and supporters wanted

From: max <mmo () remote-exploit org>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:38:18 +0200

Dear List :-)

Remote-exploit.org together with Dreamlab Technologies is about to
introduces our new open source extension for the well known
Metasploit Framework, called CARAT. It uses Metasploits Meterpreter
technology to communicate in between the client (to be scanned target)
and the server (The Metasploit Server running the CARAT plugin), execute
commands and consolidate the results. By introducing client specific
job scheduling to Metasploit, CARAT is a Framework for automated
configuration validation, security assessments and functional testing of
components and applications. In contrary to a lot of other available
frameworks, CARATs architecture is as simple as possible, this allows a
great amount of flexibility to its users.

We planed to release the whole project in the last quarter of 2010. Most
parts are already developend and working but need some finer tweaking to
match the needs of enterprises as well as hackers like you.

We are looking for people with skills in the area of

- Ruby on rails (Webgui part of the tool)
- Ruby and Metasploit (Obviously)

- People with background within configuration hardening
  or functional testing area of enterprises.

Feel free to take a look at the introduction slides that will explain
the concept of the plugin, its purpose as well as some usecases.
You can get it from here:
http://www.remote-exploit.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Carat_Slide_Deck.pdf

You can reach us at carat () remote-exploit org if you want to dedicate
some time with us on that project.

Happy Hacking

Philipp Schroedel & Max Moser
remote-exploit.org