Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Shodan search in MSF?

From: "John H. Sawyer" <jsawyer () ufl edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:49:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue Aug 31 11:17:36 EDT 2010, Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer () gmail com> wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone has considered the usefulness of adding some type of Shodan search functionality into MSF? Might be kind of useful to do a search for a target, say vxworks [1], and then pull the IPs returned by Shodan (either free or registered search) bask into MSF.

I'm on my way there. Here's what I wrote last night. It's not a module yet, but it's a start to interacting with the SHODAN API using Ruby and JSON.

http://sploitlab.wordpress.com/

-jhs