Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Exploit module in metasploit

From: Ramon de Carvalho Valle <ramon () metasploit com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:19:19 -0300

The modules for InterBase only work for versions of InterBase, not
Firebird. I have not developed a module for CVE-2007-3181, however, the
modules for CVE-2007-5243 include the versions of Firebird vulnerable to
CVE-2007-3181 and probably can be used.

The following is the list of modules:

modules/exploit/windows/misc/fb_isc_attach_database
modules/exploit/windows/misc/fb_isc_create_database
modules/exploit/windows/misc/fb_svc_attach

-Ramon

Joshua Drake wrote:
From my memory, many of the vulnerabilities reported in InterBase were
due to a bundled version of Firebird. In those cases, the modules should
be for Firebird and simply reference InterBase as having bundled it.

Additionally, we should check whether we need to develop an exploit
for CVE-2007-3181 or if one of the other existing modules covers that case.