Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: VNC fails if PAYLOAD is meterpreter/reverse_tcp_dns

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:12:34 -0500

On 4/14/2010 10:54 PM, Sherif El-Deeb wrote:
[-] Error in script: Rex::Post::Meterpreter::RequestError
stdapi_sys_process_execute: Operation failed: 2

I tried also -t and -r with same results, Am I doing something wrong? of
course it's working fine if i use meterpreter/reverse_tcp

The error code has nothing to do with the stager channel - I am not sure
what the problem is, but the error indicates it couldn't write the VNC
payload to disk or execute it. You can try using the process injection +
relay flag, which may work instead:

meterpreter> run vnc -O -t -i -c -V

-HD