Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: input custom .exe to msf

From: scriptjunkie <scriptjunkie1 () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 22:38:28 -0400

On 03/28/10 16:23, Jeffs wrote:
Is there a method in the msf project to convert and then deliver custom
binaries not included in the project?  For example, my custom binary,
delivered and executed the way a reverse shell binary is delivered and
executed (assuming my binary is capable of reverse connect)

Is the project modular enough to do this without much surgery on the
core or are their methods already installed?

Thanks.

You probably want to use the windows/download_exec or one of the upexec
shellcodes. (on msfconsole try "search upexec" to see those modules)

The reverse shell and most other simple payloads are delivered in-memory
for most exploits, and a generic exe cannot be delivered this way (needs
linking, etc) unless you rewrite it to be a dll and use a reflective dll
loader. ("search dllinject")