Metasploit mailing list archives

Patched ratproxy no longer working because of sqlite3 change?

From: Tom Van de Wiele <tom.vandewiele () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:40:45 +0200

Hello list,

I'm having problems getting ratproxy to work with msf3. I applied the
ratproxy patch of the latest svn (and stable for that matter) version of
metasploit, but when trying to compile ratproxy apparently something has
changed when it comes to sqlite3 interaction. The code compiles but when
specifying a metasploit pre-created sqlite3 database to use (db_create
test.wmap), the file remains empty. I have tried with patched ratproxy
versions 1.51 and 1.58.

Compilation warnings:

root@pwn:~/ratproxy# make
cc ratproxy.c -o ratproxy  -Wall -O3 -Wno-pointer-sign -D_GNU_SOURCE http.c
mime.c ssl.c -lcrypto -lssl -lsqlite3
ratproxy.c: In function ‘save_trace’:
ratproxy.c:631: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘sqlite3_prepare’ from
incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/sqlite3.h:2345: note: expected ‘const char **’ but argument is
of type ‘_u8 **’
ratproxy.c: In function ‘decode_flash’:
ratproxy.c:740: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
http.c: In function ‘checksum_response’:
http.c:1359: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules

I'm running Ubuntu Lucid 2.6.30 32-bit and have all the necessary
dependencies installed. Sqlite3 lib versions:

# dpkg -l | grep sqlite3
ii  libsqlite3-0
3.6.16-1ubuntu1                            SQLite 3 shared library
ii  libsqlite3-0-dbg
3.6.16-1ubuntu1                            SQLite 3 debugging symbols
ii  libsqlite3-dev
3.6.16-1ubuntu1                            SQLite 3 development files
ii  libsqlite3-ruby
1.2.4-2                                    SQLite3 interface for Ruby
ii  libsqlite3-ruby1.8
1.2.4-2                                    SQLite3 interface for Ruby 1.8
ii  libsqlite3-ruby1.9
1.2.4-2                                    SQLite3 interface for Ruby 1.9

Do I need to downgrade my libsqlite3-dev package or am I missing something?

Thanks for any pointers you may have