Metasploit mailing list archives

Error while framing RPC Packet

From: Sujit Ghosal <thesujit () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:06:30 +0530

Hi All,
   I am framing an RPC packet structure for one MSMQ Service UUID:
41208ee0-e970-11d1-9b9e-00e02c064c39

   The problem I am facing now is while crafting the RPC Packet based on the
above UUID. It seems I am making some mess while constructing the packet for
the above UUID as I guess that its because of invalid structure for Opnum
0x01. I think I am doing some miscalculations. Btw I was successful to bind
to the above interface as I got the ACK that the interface has been bound
successfully, but the time I am sending the Opnum to perform my attack then
I am not framing the bytes properly. I am coming across with one DCERPC
response as "nca_s_fault_invalid_tag" whose PDU fault value is 1C000006. So
I am not able to proceed further. :(

   So I was just wondering, if there is any documentation which can give
some excerpt on how this packet framing should be done for different Opnums
i.e. 0x01 or 0x06 or 0x12 with any UUIDs?

Best Regards,
Sujit