Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: msfupdate switches

From: Eric <dkn4a1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:29:37 +0530

Came across subversion for the first time, at least directly/manually...
Appreciate ur help Tom.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net> wrote:

On 6/21/10 2:42 AM, Eric wrote:

can anyone brief about the switches with *msfupdate*?

as, while updating, noticed that first column shows letters like A, D,
U, etc.
As far as I guessed, stands for A-Auxiliary, D-Download, U-Upload...

Am I right?
if so, why is it uploading things from *my system*?

also, there was something suspicious row...
U    HACKING

which, i never noticed before.
Would someone like to explain, or am I being just paranoid?

Eric,

       Those are svn status update codes.

A - Added, this is for new files
D - Deleted, for when a file is removed from a project
U - Updated, the file has changed in the repository and has been updated on
your system.
C - Conflict between file modified on your system and file modified in the
repository.

Hope that helps,

Tom