Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: AdobeLibTiffquestion

From: Shohn <bigshohn () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:32:30 -0500

I just tested last night using the reverse_tcp meterpreter on Windows XP SP3
with adobe 9.2 and it worked. Is something checking that outbound ssl is
actually ssl?

Since we're on the subject, has anyone had any luck with bypassing A/V
and/or different ways of encoding this and some of the other adobe exploits?
In particular, I'm curious if there is to be or already exists some sort of
obfuscation module for the javascript / tiff parts. For example, for the
newplayer bug, it looks like Symantec AV triggers on something like
this.media.newPlayer because this.media.newXlayer is not detected as
anything.

Shohn